Under a Starry Sky 星星哈, 数呀过 (2023) c. 13:30
I. Lake and Mountains 山、湖 (4:00)
II. Yellow Valleys 峡 (5:15)
III. Town 乡 (4:15)
For solo alto saxophone with piano accompaniment. Dedicated to Jiawei Liang (梁家玮)
- To be performed October 2023 by Jiawei Liang (梁家玮)
Parting Glass (2023) c. 4:20
For mixed large ensemble and audience.
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 in the University of North Texas (UNT) Voertman Concert Hall
Hlífstefna (2023) c. 3:00
For SSA treble choir “galdrakona” and wooden staff “vǫlva”.
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall by Anna Schmelter and SSA choir
Janessa (2022) c. 4:00
For violin, clarinet, accordion, acoustic guitar, and percussion.
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall by Anthony Orr, Ella Curb, Mark Sierra, PJ Mooney, and Heather Pryse
Klar bäck (2022) c. 7:00
I. Back to Nature (1:45)
II. Unafraid (2:30)
III. We Must Leave Them Behind (2:10)
For alto voice, harp, and frame drum. Text by E. F. Hayward. Alternate arr. for tenor voice, piano, and frame drum.
- Performed Apr. 27, 2023 at the North Texas Review Literary and Fine Arts Journal Reception in the UNT Jade Ballroom
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 by Helena Vassiliades and Zoe O’Shaughnessy in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall
- Performed Nov. 28, 2022 by ” ” in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall
Shakuntala’s Plea (2022) c. 12:00
Collaboration with choreographer Rajalaxmi “Sumi” Srikanth for solo dance
For flute, clarinet, violin, guitar, and percussion.
- Performed Nov. 3, 2022 by Sebastian Villanueva, Anthony Orr, Ella Curb, Mark Sierra, Caleb Price, and conducted by Matthew Vellila at Texas Women’s University (TWU)
- Performed Nov. 12, 2022 by ” ” in the Merrill Ellis Intermedia Theatre (MEIT)
- Performed Nov. 17-19, 2022 by ” ” at TWU
Vem kan segla (2022) c. 2:30
For saxophone quartet, dedicated to the Pyxis Quartet.
- Performed Feb. 9, 2023 by the Pyxis Quartet (Ronald Bonnitatibus, Max Windsor, Devon Isaac, & Beige Cowell) at the Texas Music Educator’s Association Convention in San Antonio, Texas
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 by the Pyxis Quartet (Ronald Bonnitatibus, Max Windsor, Devon Isaac, & Beige Cowell) in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall
- Performed Oct. 31, 2022 by the Pyxis Quartet in the UNT Recital Hall
Sankta Lucia (2022) c. 12:00
I. Natt (3:45)
II. Morgon (3:00)
III. Dag (3:10)
For SATB choir with alto soloist.
- Performed Feb. 6, 2023 by chamber choir, soloist Anna Schmelter, and Conductor Julian Yanas in the UNT Voertman Concert Hall
- Performed Oct. 31, 2022 by ” ” in the UNT Recital Hall
Found Forest (2021) c. 2:40
Collaboration with visual artist Darren Dobson
Fixed audio and video.
- Performed Nov. 14, 2021 in the UNT Merrill Ellis Intermedia Theatre
Encant (2021) c. 5:00
I. The Siren’s Song (2:00)
II. The Hulder’s Song (2:20)
For two solo voices a capella. With some text by Kate Holly-Clark.
- Performed Oct. 25 2021, by Julian Yanas & Savana Singleton in UNT Recital Hall
- Performed Feb. 28 2022, by Julian Yanas & Danielle Harington at UNT NASM Showcase
- The Hulder’s Song performed Nov. 12, 2022 by Anna Poole
Nock Nock (2021) c. 5:30
For two performers on doors with fixed media.
- Performed Apr. 26, 2021, by Beige Cowell & PJ Mooney in the MEIT
Autobiographical String Quartet (2020) c. 9:30
I. Clear Sky Allegro (2:20)
II. Backyard Waltz (3:00)
III. Midnight Minuet (2:15)
IV. Sunrise Vivace (1:40)
For string quartet, dedicated to Howard Cowell. Revised 2022 edition of Sunrise Vivace for saxophone quartet.
- Recorded in isolation Nov 25, 2020, by Joseph Redding, Sarah Shultz, & Noah Norried
- Saxophone quartet v. performed Feb. 9, 2023 by the Pyxis Quartet at the Texas Music Educator’s Association Convention in San Antonio, Texas
The Banshee 2: Electric Boogaloo (2020) c. 2:00
For solo string piano.
- Performed on Sep. 27, 2020, by Alistair Forsyth at the Dripping Springs First Baptist Church, in Dripping Springs, Texas
Aubade (2020) c. 3:20
For low-end saxophone choir. Revised 2022 edition for saxophone quartet. Dedicated to the essential workers during Covid-19
- Performed May 3, 2020, by Christa Heimann, Devon Isaac, Sam Del Angel, & Logan Ivancik
- Quartet v. performed Apr. 4, 2022, by the Pyxis Quartet in the UNT Recital Hall
♩=372.6 (2020) c. 3:00
Graphic score for performer with synesthesia and color-changing lightbulb.
- Performed Mar. 5, 2020, by PJ Mooney and Olivia Escamilla
Raconteur (2019) c. 3:40
For solo tenor saxophone and piano. Revised 2022 edition for solo baritone saxophone and piano.
- Performed Dec 10, 2019, by Landon Chang and Natalio Casteñeda in the MEIT
- Bari Sax v. performed Mar. 21, 2022, by Beige Cowell and Matthew Wilkinson in the UNT Recital Hall